EMBASSY OF COSTA RICA IN KENYA
Address: Eaton Place 2nd Floor, UN Crescent, Gigiri, Nairobi
Public attention schedule: Monday to Friday, 10.00 AM to 12.00 noon, and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM. A previous appointment is needed for all consular and legal services.
Tel: +254 (0) 205 143 583
The Costa Rican Embassy in Nairobi is part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Costa Rica. The Embassy coordinates and manages matters of politics, commerce, tourism, education, health, and international relations between both states and concurrent Embassies.
In which cases is the Embassy not allowed to act?
- Charging for a service, with exception of the established consular fees
- Acting as or recommending lawyers, translators, interpreters, or tourist agents
- Interfering in judicial affairs
- Finding employment and residence in Kenya
- Discussing Costa Rican visa cases which have already been settled
- Providing information about entry, visas, or residence in Kenya
- Obtaining birth certificates
- Requesting driving licenses
- Providing financial aid (including tickets and transportation)
- Finding Kenyan citizens in Costa Rica